Wheelchair Van Technician (Ambulette Driver)
To apply, please visit www.ccan.org
For Questions: email@example.com
The Wheelchair Van Technician (Ambulette Driver)’s primary responsibilities are to provide a safe and timely transport to patients tht are in need of any transport other than by ambulance. The W/C Van Tech will provide assistance to patients that are unable to carry out basic functions or ambulate on their own. The W/C Van Tech will be expected to identify ways to provide customer service, including door to door assistance and present themselves in a friendly professional manner at all times.
- Must be 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License and
- Meet Community Care’s insurability requirements.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires bending, twisting, squatting, kneeling, occasional lifting, and other repetitive movements associated with the transport of wheelchairs and patients. Eyesight must be in compliance with the standards set forth by the O.D.O. T. for day and night driving, and may be corrected with the aid of prescription eyewear. Hearing of low and high frequencies is required and may be corrected with the use of hearing aids.
- Various types and sizes of wheelchairs, walkers, canes, crutches and other devices associated with movement.
- The Wheelchair Van Technician (Ambulette Driver) will possess the knowledge of how to use personal protective devices for their own safety.