Vocational Instructor – Computer Aided Drafting at CoreCivic in Conneaut, OH
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! Are you passionate about teaching others and helping people turn their lives around? CoreCivic is seeking an experienced Vocational Instructor who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional security setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Vocational Instructor performs instructional services of vocational and/or occupational subjects, such as business, computers/technology, carpentry, plumbing and trades which are designed to help inmates/students learn specified subject matter and acquire vocational skills.
- Prepare course objectives following curriculum standards and applicable requirements by contract.
- Plan and document a program of study that meets the individual needs and abilities of students.
- Provide instruction using handouts, texts, audiovisual aids and other materials. Evaluate students’ performance and issue progress reports as required. Assist students with additional instruction as needed.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE – including Disability/Veteran.
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
- Three years of full-time, wage-earning experience in the subject vocational trade or in career readiness skills to include technical trade experience; or three years of experience as a certified instructor teaching in the specific trade or subject area is required.
- Must possess or be eligible for certification and/or license, or other credentials required by contract and/or state of employment.
- Continued employment in this position will be contingent upon obtaining and/or maintaining required agency credentials.
- Must have the ability to give clear instructions in the trade and/or vocational area.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications is required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Instructors teaching Computers or Horticulture may substitute a Bachelor’s degree in the field of study related to the work assignment for the experience requirement.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.