Senior Services Program Coordinator
General Responsibilities: Works with the Division Director to implement and monitor senior services in accordance with the Agency mission. Assures compliance with Agency, SNP and Homemaker Services policies and procedures. Coordinates and supervises the daily operations of the senior programs. Monitors customer caseload and billing compliance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively supervises staff working in the Senior Nutrition and Homemaker Services Programs. This includes managing daily operations, providing support/motivation and monitoring staff performance.
- Participates in the hiring process.
- Develops, presents and maintains training schedules for SNP and Homemaker staff as required.
- Prepares and submits accurate and timely program reports and communications as required by ACCAA and funding sources.
- Serves as contact person and liaison with outside host organizations and funding representatives to ensure optimal customer service delivery.
- Participates in preparation of grant applications or budget revisions as required.
- Assures compliance with all applicable internal and external guidelines, requirements and regulations.
- Represents the Agency at special events, health fairs, meetings and workshops to promote the Senior Nutrition program, Homemaker Service and ACCAA.
- Ensures quality service to customers and resolves customer issues and/or concerns.
- Recruits, supports and trains program volunteers.
- Substitutes for staff members as needed.
- Ensures program and staff compliance with all food and physical safety issues.
- Ensures program and staff compliance with all food and physical safety issues related to the Senior Nutrition Program and Homemaker Service Program. Reports all safety incidents/concerns as required.
- Maintains customer confidentiality as required by ACCAA and funding sources.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
Ideal candidate will possess at least an Associate’s degree in the fields of social/human service, food service management, or business management or possess 2 to 3 years of equivalent work experience. Candidates with Bachelor’s degree preferred. Candidates with degrees in other fields may be considered. Must possess supervisory/management experience or demonstration of comparable skills. Must possess excellent computer skills. Must have knowledge of or ability to effectively learn all necessary computer software and database programs.
Candidate must demonstrate ability to work with seniors, low-income individuals and groups. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required. Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings and weekends. Must work harmoniously with other staff, be courteous, neat, organized and legible penmanship. Must have dependable transportation, a valid Ohio driver’s license, meet agency insurance guidelines, pass a criminal background check and pass a drug screening. Overnight travel may be required.
Position requires the ability to bend, climb stairs and lift up to 40 lbs. Tasks may involve unplanned exposure to body fluids and possible exposure to communicable diseases. Must maintain universal precautions at all times. Risk involved with periodic travel on main highways and rural roads.
ACCAA complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, PO88-352. No person, on the grounds of race, color, disability, national origin, or sex, shall be denied services or employment with ACCAA.