Patient Care Assistant – Glenbeigh at Ashtabula County Medical Center Healthcare System in Ashtabula, OH
Facility: Glenbeigh Hospital, Rock Creek OH
Department: Medical Staff – GB (67182)
– Part Time – 3 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
Responsible for clinically and clerically supporting the physician, nurse and other staff members in the delivery of quality patient care, following established standards and procedures. Assists the physician, nurse and/or provider by facilitating patient care, including but not limited to: bedside care (toileting, a.m. and p.m. care, transfers and bathing); assisting with admission process (i.e. VS, EKG, HT, WT, charting, searches, drug screens), and EMR information flow through numerous phases of patient care. Greets and escorts patient to assessment area and other areas of building as needed. Informs patient of care and completes admission process, vital signs (blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and measurements) and documents appropriately. Performs all duties in compliance with all federal and state regulations. Listens courteously and responds to patient questions, concerns, and/or refers to the appropriate individual. This role encounters Protected Health Information (PHI) as part of regular responsibilities.
- Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School diploma or its equivalent. Graduate of accredited patient care technician/Medical Assistant program or completion of one year of nursing school. Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with patients, families and employees. Excellent organizational skills and ability to establish priorities. Knowledge of Electronic Medical Records.
- Required Length and Type of Experience
- Minimum of 6 months experience as patient care technician in a primary care office, hospital, or urgent care center preferred. Knowledge of Electronic Medical Records a must. Basic computer skills. Excellent customer interaction skills.
- Required Licensure or Certification
- Certified Patient Care Technician (CPCT)/Medical
Assistant Certification (MA).
- Current CPR/BLS Certification and EKG Technician Certification.
- Required Physical and Environmental Demands
- · Sitting, standing, ability to utilize keyboard, lifting, stooping, flexible scheduling and adaptable to changing environment. Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires walking and standing for extensive periods of time. Requires hearing and vision corrected to normal range. May require some exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.