Paramedic – Critical Intensive Care
Sign-on Bonus for qualified, full-time Paramedic
To apply, please visit www.ccan.org
For Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Care Ambulance (CCA) offers much more than a job. We offer:
*Shift options: 24, 16, 12, 10, 8 hour shifts
*Full-time, Part-time (32 and 24), Casual
*Paid tuition for career advancement for CICP certification
*Family Like Atmosphere
The Advanced EMT-P is primarily responsible for providing patient care and customer service that meets or exceeds the National Standard of Care for Advanced Life Support personnel and all CCAN standards.
The Advanced EMT-P will provide transportation of higher acuity patients between facilities and to the Tertiary Care centers. The paramedic is ultimately responsible for all actions of the entire crew.
- Must be 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Graduate of an EMT-Paramedic course that meets or exceeds the National Standard Curriculum current standards.
- Two years experience as an EMT-P preferred.
- Must possess a valid Ohio state certification for Paramedic;
- a valid Ohio Driver’s License with an insurable driving record; and
- a current ACLS card and CPR card,
- PALS/BTLS/Instructor certification preferred.
- Must be able to read and write English at the 12th grade level and handwriting must be legible.
Requires bending, twisting, squatting, kneeling, lifting, and other repetitive movements. Must be able to lift onto a stretcher and then carry, with the assistance of a partner, a person weighing not less that 225 pounds. Eyesight must be in compliance with the standards set forth by the O.D.O. T. for day and night driving, and may be corrected with the aid of prescription eyewear. Hearing of low and high frequencies is required and may be corrected with the use of hearing aids.
All emergency medical supplies and equipment within the scope of practice:
- Oxygen tanks and regulators, stretchers, splints, backboards, ET tubes, laryngoscope, etc.
- Advanced EMT-P must also demonstrate competencies with 12-lead EKG, infusion pumps, and various medications.
- Must be able to function independently.