Material Handling at Worthington Industries in Jefferson, OH
Please apply at jobs.worthingtonindustries.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This role will be responsible for safely operating various equipment; areas of responsibility may include weld line, test line, or paint line processes. In addition, this role may package/band product, operate various paint booths and machines, operate furnances, operate welding equipment, and load/unload material from machines in a timely and accurate manner. This position requires a self-starter with a strong work ethic and a desire to perform the duties to the highest standard.
- May be responsible for basic test line operation.
- May be responsible for basic weld line operation.
- May be responsible for basic paint line operation.
- Ensures areas are supplied with parts and removes finished skids to warehouse or paint line.
- Packages finished product for shipment.
- Tracks orders and tags.
- Follows bill of material in order to match product with proper packaging and skidding.
- May perform finishing duties.
- Performs setup of valve and burn off operations.
- Performs multiple tasks to ensure ongoing machine operation.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks throughout plant to ensure safe, efficient and quality production of materials.
- May perform housekeeping duties within the plant when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to handle physical, repetitive work and be able to stand on your feet for 8 hrs a day
- Must have good hand-eye coordination
- Mechanical aptitude a plus, but not required
- Competent in basic math and computer skills
- Can operate banding tools
- Can read a tape measure
- Must be able to handle small parts
- Must understand and follow the quality policy and procedures
- Ability to recognize quality issues and problems – detect defects
- Must be able to read, comprehend and follow detailed instructions on productions and understand English
- Must be able to read and understand bill of material and or production order
- Must be able to distinguish between part numbers and sizes
- Must be able to count and label parts accurately
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures
- Must have good safety awareness and efficiency skills
- Oral and written communication skills – including legible writing
- 0-6 months prior experience