MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN at LAKE CITY PLATING in Ashtabula, Ohio
Performs preventative maintenance, repairs, and continuous improvement projects on buildings, mechanical equipment, utility systems, and other physical infrastructure.
- Under the supervisor or direction of the Director of Maintenance and Design, Maintenance Manager, or other maintenance personnel with specific skills and/or certifications, performs maintenance functions to manufacturing equipment and that building in support of operating effectiveness and efficiency, facility safety, regulatory compliance, and project performance goals
- The functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Computerized controls
- Support of chemistry/lab operations
- As requested, completes checklists and maintains records of maintenance procedures.
- Performs other duties as requested
Suggest improvements for quality, safety and efficiency
Technical Capacity Time Management Teamwork
Problem Solving/Analysis Results Driven Customer Focus
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Maintenance Technician may experience while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the Maintenance Technician is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Maintenance Technician to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The Maintenance Technician is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. At times lifting and moving items over 50 pounds is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and typical hours dependent upon shift assignment.
Some travel may be expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
Technical Training and three or more years of related experience and/or training in the field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Background in a recognized trade: mechanic, electrician, and/or machinist
Tow motor license
Comfortable working in a high-energy, results focused environment
Preferred Experience and Education
Plating and automation experience a plus