Gas Compliance Project Employee (Multiple Locations) at Dominion Energy Services, Inc. in Cleveland, OH
At Dominion Energy we love our jobs. That’s right. Love. Every day we go to work filled with passion to be excellent, to creatively problem solve and to innovate. These are exciting days for energy companies, and Dominion Energy aims to shape the future of energy in America. We are looking at all of our work with fresh eyes, retooling everything we do, in every part of the company, to operate more sustainably and to deliver energy more reliably than ever. We are looking for interesting, independent thinkers and doers who can help shape the culture of a forward-looking company that’s proud of its rich legacy. Are you a change agent? Do you think differently? Do you want to fall in love with your job? If you answered “yes,” then read on!
At this time, Dominion Energy cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position.
This position does not offer relocation assistance.
Project level position in our Field Metering Services department with potential for full time employment. There are multiple positions available spread out across the following shops: Ashtabula (Ashtabula County), Eastern (Cuyahoga County), Northeast (Lake County), and Western (Cuyahoga County).
We are seeking individuals with strong customer service skills and a desire to learn and perform advanced tasks. In this role, you will perform a variety of inspections on meters and metering equipment, which may include reading meters and inspecting interior/exterior service lines and meters for leaks and/or outside atmospheric corrosion inspections. In addition, you will operate associated data entry devices and report inspection results required by the work performed.
The project position will have a primary term of two (2) years, with opportunities to extend term.
Working hours will be eight (8) hour shifts between the hours of 7:30am and 8:00pm, Monday through Saturday.
90% Outside work, majority of the day spent walking and/or driving rural and city routes to complete meter inspections.
Rate of pay will be $20.93 per hour.
* * This is a temporary, project related position. The candidate who fills this position will not be a permanent employee and will have no guarantee of employment beyond the end of the project. The project position will have a primary term of two (2) years. Working hours will be eight (8) hour shifts between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday. 90% Outside work, majority of the day spent walking and/or driving rural and city routes to complete meter inspections.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
The successful candidates should have the following: (please make sure your resume reflects how you meet the following ‘requirements’ in order to be considered)
Minimum Requirements A partial year of related work experience of 6 months or more rounds to one full year of qualifications):
- Minimum of 0-2 years experience
- Must have a valid vehicle operator’s license
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Good customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel (Northeast Ohio DEO territory)
- Able to work overtime and all shifts as required
- Physical attributes required to perform essential functions of the job: walking, climbing, stooping, bending, and standing for prolonged periods of time
- Mechanical aptitude
The company is actively seeking United States military veterans and service members who meet the qualifications below:
- Military service members and veterans with ranks from E3-E5, W1-W2, or O1-O3, plus appropriate equivalent combination of education and years of experience as outlined under Minimum Requirements.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Licenses, Certifications, or Quals Description
Must have a valid vehicle operator’s license