Dispatcher / Scheduler
To apply, please visit www.ccan.org
For questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Care Ambulance (CCA) offers much more than a job. We offer:
*Shift options: 8 + 12 hour shifts
*Career Advancement with pay raise
The Dispatcher/Scheduler’s primary responsibilities are to receive service requests, schedule and dispatch the appropriate resources to ensure timely response to meet the needs served by Community Care Ambulance in compliance with established guidelines while maintaining good customer relations.
To appropriately respond and provide assistance to those in need. Also to assist in administrative functions including but not limited to: information gathering, report generating, and assisting with billing functions.
- Must be 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have excellent communication skills and have the ability to deal with crisis/emergency situations in a calm manner.
- Must be CPR and First Aid trained or have the ability to be trained.
- Must possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License.
- Must be able to meet Community Care’s Insurability requirements.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- Strongly preferred to possess dispatch experience.
- Preferred to possess a current Ohio EMT certification or higher.
- Preferred to have medical background experience.
Requires minimal bending, twisting, squatting, kneeling, lifting and other repetitive movements associated with routine operations of a communications center. Eyesight must be in compliance with the standards set forth by the O.D.O.T. for day and night driving and may be corrected with the aid of prescription eye-wear. Hearing of low and high frequencies is required and may be corrected with the use of hearing aids.
- Various types of radio, telephone, computer and telecommunications equipment.
- The Dispatcher/Scheduler will possess the knowledge of how to use each piece of communications in dispatch.