Customer Service Representative at Chromaflo Technologies in Ashtabula, OH
Send ResumeSend Resume
Summary of Position:
This position is responsible for the order entry and customer service requirements of Chromaflo Technologies – Americas.
- Receives orders from customers and/or intercompany parties, maintaining friendly and cordial relationship.
- Enters orders received into the ERP system and sends detailed and accurate confirmation (order acknowledgment) back to requester in a timely basis in accordance with order entry procedures.
- Transfers pertinent information to customer files to ensure proper record keeping.
- Regularly receives customer order/service inquiries concerning pricing, product availability, weight/dimension, freight costs, payment terms, packaging and overall order status and provides timely follow-up.
- Edits orders for accuracy and makes appropriate changes.
- Refers customer inquiries to responsible sales or technical person, depending on the nature of the inquiry.
- Receives, researches and resolves (with appropriate assistance) customer service issues/complaints.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous tasks on a routine basis as well as on an assignment basis, including file maintenance, telephone coverage, telemarketing and internal mail distribution.
- Complies with safety rules and regulations, attends safety meetings and training, inspects work area for hazards/deficiencies and initiates action to correct them. Also, reports injury/illness and/or environmental incidents.
- Perform required duties, as assigned, dealing with the exporting of product internationally by:
- Working closely with third parties to schedule bookings for ocean or air export and ensure required documentation is correct and timely.
- Verifying export compliance as defined by EOP and Manager.
- Review order requirements to ensure completion.
- Regularly communicating the status of all orders with both internal and external parties.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Customer Service.
- Knowledge of ERP-oriented accounting systems preferred, SAP a plus.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling, proofreading and effective follow-up skills.
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic.
- Able to handle highly confidential information.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Able to adhere to tight deadlines.