Chemical Process Operator
The Process Operator is responsible for safe and proper operation of equipment in his/her area in accordance with the standard operating instructions, company policies and shift supervisor’s instructions. Specifically, this operator can be responsible for the chlorination, acid, gas scrubbing and ore/coke feed systems, as well as, the ore/coke recovery, condensing trains, and neutralization areas. This is a non-exempt salaried, rotating shift position. It is a Safety Critical role.
Key activities include:
- Learn and execute safe operation of field equipment necessary for the production of TiCl4.
- Close observation of control instrumentation to ensure that operation is running within parameters.
- Adjustment of levels, flows, temperatures, and pressures through the manipulation of valves, pumps, and control instruments.
- Observe process equipment operation and report/correct unusual circumstances and necessary repairs to his/her immediate supervisor.
- Coordination and communication with chemical operators in other areas of the plant to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Coordinate with maintenance personnel to ensure area is safe for the inspection and/or repair of equipment, piping, and structures.
- Maintain appropriate log sheets for the area.
- Follow proper safety procedures while performing work, including wearing required PPE.
- Collect samples from gas scrubber and perform laboratory tests related to process & environmental control.
- Measure ore/coke silos and switch feeds accordingly.
- Operate a track mobile to safely move rail cars containing chlorine, ore, or TiCl4 on track property.
- Connect chlorine rail cars to feed the process.
- Unplug exit lines on chlorinator using “rodding” out technique.
You should possess:
- Three (3) years of experience in manufacturing, construction trades or military
- Chemical manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to operate a tow motor and other mobile equipment
- Experience with SAP, DCS systems, and Windows based applications a plus
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal direction