General Responsibilities: Supports Administrative Services by ensuring the assigned tasks are completed with the high level of professionalism. At times will be the face of the Agency according to the tasks and supports needed. Will understand the Agency mission, will be able to mirror the mission throughout the community and in daily life.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Will meet with the Executive Director regularly to assist with making contacts, scheduling meetings, writing correspondence, assist withe business of the Agency.
- Send out correspondence to board members regarding meetings and other information. Maintain board minutes and other pertinent information. Communicates as requested. Update and make copies of the Board Manuals.
- Take direction from and assists Director of Human Resources with any tasks.
- Maintain personnel files by filing, organizing and keeping information current. Make new hire files. Make sure new hire packets are available for orientation. Process new employee and separation paperwork. Purge personnel files and Human Resource documents to prepare for shredding.
- Conducts new employee orientation as requested.
- Conduct background checks, drug screening and driver records and maintain employee medical files. Communicates with Agency Directors when results are received.
- Will maintain the employee information needed for and submit the following reports: EEO, CMS, ACA.
- Participates in insurance open enrollment for all employee medical insurances. Will enroll employees and submit employee changes to the medical insurance companies. Ensures that all qualified employees have documented their desires as to whether to participate in the Agency group insurances.
- Will enroll new employees in insurances, report to third party administrator of separated employees for COBRA benefits. Notify fiscal when there is a change in benefit deductions or if someone needs added.
- Maintain employee data for current and separated employees.
- Complete purchase orders for administration and bill to the appropriate programs.
- Attend meetings and serve on permanent and temporary committees. Chair the Special Events Committee with the focus of connecting Agency employees at various events.
- Maintain cash flow for the Executive Director and process all cash receipts.
- Collect and distribute mail and other correspondence both internally and externally.
- Order office and maintenance supplies.
- Maintain and increase knowledge and skills through attendance at meetings, conferences, training seminars and in-service training sessions as requested.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent knowledge of general office practices and business English.
- Proficient in the use of computer software, and solving mathematical problems.
- Works effectively with the public.
- Has excellent written and verbal skills.
- Is willing to travel if requested.
- Willing to expand knowledge of Human Resources and Community Action.
- Enjoys using creative abilities.
- Has valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
ACCAA complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, PL88-352. No person, on the grounds of race, color, disability, national origin, or sex, shall be denied services or employment with ACCAA.